Using your Vimeo RSS feed and the goodness of dlvr.it, free up the time it takes to post your weekly sermon video to Facebook (and schedule it, too). Automation!
This is especially helpful if you have a weekend team that posts the video to Vimeo, and you don’t want to be the middle man/bottleneck between them and Facebook.
Follow these simple steps and set it up during your lunch break.
Grab Your Vimeo RSS Feed
1. Log into your church’s Vimeo account, scroll all of the way to the bottom, and under “Related Feeds” click “My Videos.”
2. Grab the RSS URL on the page that opens. Example: http://vimeo.com/chapel/videos/rss
Create a New Route in dlvr.it
1. Go to dlvr.it. Create a new account (free) or login to your existing one.
2. Click the “Add Route” button.
3. Name your route.
4. Next to “Sources” click “add.”
5. When prompted, select “new” source.
6. This will open up a feed source editor box. In the first tab of this box, “Feed Details,” paste your Vimeo RSS URL into the field labeled, “Feed URL.”
7. Click the “Filters” tab. This is where you can determine what videos get posted to FB if you upload more than just sermon videos to Vimeo. For example, you might want to filter on the word, “Sermon.” Just make sure your Vimeo description always include the word or tag you’re filtering.
8. Click the “Scheduling” tab if you want to determine a particular time and day of the week you want to post your sermon to Facebook. This might be important as you try to establish a rhythm.
9. When finished configuring, click the “Save Source” button.
10. Now, next to Destinations, click “add.”
11. Choose Facebook, and allow to connect to Facebook. make sure you select the correct Page you want to post to.
12. Still within the Destination Editor, click the “Post Content” tab. Make sure “Post Style” is set to “Shared Link.” You can also add text to anything posted from Vimeo on this tab.
13. When complete, click the “save” button.
This overview should make you dangerous, but there are a lot of options for your we didn’t even get into that will only enhance your experience and functionality.
I’m sure you could even do this with YouTube if you house your videos there.
How else do you automate processes through your week? How else do you use dlvr.it?